Monday, April 2, 2012

Canuck O' the Week: Justin Bieber


In addition to jotting down the little differences between the US and Canada, I thought that there are a lot of pretty cool Canadians that I should recognize for being well…er….pretty cool Canadians. With this being said, the award for the very first “Canuck O’ the Week” goes to none other than Sir Justin Bieber!

Before you moan and groan about my choice of this pint-sized teen pop sensation, I actually have many valid reasons for giving this blonde kid some serious props.

First off, it is safe to say that even years after rumors started that a certain Justin Bieber would be attending my high school in Oakville, Ontario...I am still a “belieber”.

With his GF Selena, G-rated reputation and his new hit single “boyfriend”, (which I’ve listened to an embarrassingly high number of times), it seems that we just can’t get enough of this Stratford, Ontario native.

Having watched his E True Hollywood Story on more than one dreary Saturday afternoon, I have learned that the Biebs grew up in rural southern Ontario. During most of his childhood, Justin and his single mother barely made ends meet. All it took to jumpstart his career was a few YouTube videos showcasing his uh-mazing voice and one very interested R&B singer by the name of Usher—and the rest is history.

Enough about his life story, what I find most impressive is that the kid is still in the limelight and has yet to turn wacky. Also very impressive is that fact that Justin supports a whopping nine charities and foundations.

Now I’m not just jumping on the Bieber bandwagon, I have always been a loyal fan from the get-go. I mean…I did get my dog Jake from Justin’s hometown. So, in a way, Justin and I have quite the personal connection with one another.

 Anyways, congrats Justin! I salute you and your g-rated rockin’!

Signed,
Forever a “belieber”

No comments:

Post a Comment